Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Plan B Looks Like Domino's Pizza in the Candlelight

It was supposed to be a romantic evening for two.
I had big plans for Bryson & I this New Year's Eve... well, as big of plans as you can have when you're expecting twins and exhausted all the time. But, seriously, I was excited. The plan was that we'd get the kids good and tired during the day so we could put them to bed a little earlier, and then we'd break out the surf & turf for an excellent dinner to send 2009 off in style.

Only problem is, it didn't turn out that way.

By the time 4 pm rolled around, I was the one who was good and tired-- not the kids. They had been bickering all day, and refereeing their constant fighting left me completely zapped of all energy and emotionally drained. On top of it all, my back was killing me. Bryson wasn't faring much better, coming home exhausted after a long day trip for work to Hanksville (the middle of nowhere-- although I'm sure it's lovely...) and slightly ill from a lunch that didn't sit well.

We decided to throw in the towel.
Time to call Domino's.

As Bryson fixed the kids a pot of mac 'n' cheese to feed them in the meantime, I laid downstairs on the couch moping. Suddenly I felt a little brush against my cheek. I turned to find Taylor sitting next to me with my face in his hands, beaming a sweet little smile in my direction.

"Mom?" he said, "I think you're so beautiful. I'm sorry you don't feel well."

Well, be still my beating heart.

Could someone please remind me why I was feeling sorry for myself?

I snuggled him in close and gave him a big hug.
"Oh, Taylor," I responded, "I love you so much."
"I just love you so much, too, Mom." came the echoed reply.


Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)