Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Comfy Cozy

I think all of this could be my own fault.

It started with one extra blanket one cold evening. Worried that Reilly would be just a little too cold at night, I brought in a nice thick quilt to put over her comforter for added warmth. She loved it.

Apparently a little too much.

A couple of nights later I discovered a second blanket in the room. Then a third.
I didn't think too much about it.

But after the kids had been put to bed one evening, Bryson & I became increasingly aware of Reilly's door repeatedly opening... then closing. At first I thought she was simply having a tough time winding down for the night, but then a new awareness slowly dawned on me. We walked toward her bedroom door and entered the room to discover our princess casually lounging about... with more than a dozen blankets-- and one large corduroy slipcover-- gracing her bed.


Ever since, the Battle of the Blankets has been raging covertly in Reilly's bedroom. Blankets are neatly stacked back into the linen closet-- only to be sneaked back out in the dark hours of the night. High shelves have been employed to (theoretically) keep the cozy desirables out of reach of little ones' hands-- only to spur our little soldier onward to an impressive feat of closet climbing.

But... I suppose there are worse things in life to wrestle over.
At least I don't have to worry about her being cold anymore.

4 comments:

  1. It must be genetic, because I have one of those too! One blanket has never been enough for Savannah. Just last night, she was bugging be for another specific "silky" blanket I'd packed away with the moving stuff. Aaargh! Prepare yourself Tiff, this battle can rage for years! Just get her a cute little cedar chest and let her start collecting her own blankets. A new one every Christmas, perhaps? Just tell her she has to help fold all of them every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite adorable and hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, That is by far one of the CUTEST picts I have ever seen!!!!! Sounds too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)