Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Winter Wonderland

When the storm came through this past week, our to-do list decided to go on vacation.

It was one of those magical snowstorms-- you know, the ones you used to pray for when you were a kid. Pristine, soft powder blanketed the valley and just cried out for a moment of pause. This was no time to spend out on the town, fighting the Christmas shopping crowds or the icy roads for that matter.

Rather than fight against nature, we opted to embrace it instead. Only venturing out for preschool & a couple household necessities, we have spent the last several days celebrating winter.

Kids were bundled up to play to their hearts content in the snowy drifts until cold little hands and toes simply couldn't take it anymore. Once inside, it was only right that we warm up with a pot of homemade hot cocoa-- complete with the mandatory marshmallows on top.

It was a time to snuggle under warm afghans and watch Christmas movies. To sew cozy flannel pajamas. To throw together homey dishes like our favorite butternut squash & bacon casserole.



All those errands that seemed enormously important just a few days ago?
Well, I'm sure we'll manage somehow.

Magical days like these just beg to be savored.

1 comment:

  1. Such cute, precious pictures!! I love the snow we've had too-- the winter wonderland!! Loved your homey, snuggly blog post! I agree 100%!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)