Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday, December 21, 2009

If You're Angel, Stop Reading This Now!

Everyone needs a cozy handmade afghan. 

It's simply just one of those crucial necessities of life-- particularly when you are coming home from a long day of snowboarding like my brother Rob and his wife Angel often do. So this year for Christmas, I decided to bestow one of those essential creations on my fabulous sister-in-law. I loved it so much, I thought I would share the pattern with you. It is incredibly easy, builds up quickly, and you can finish one of these babies in just a few days. Just pick three different (or not) colors of your favorite yarn-- I like using one multicolored skein with two different solid colors for fun little bursts of color throughout the entire project. So hanker on down on a nice comfortable sofa, put on It's a Wonderful Life, and soon you'll be wrapped up in one of these snuggable throws too!

Check it out here: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80112AD.html
I followed the pattern exactly as written, with the exception of adding several additional rows to increase the total length, so my vertically blessed brother can enjoy it as well-- without having his long legs & feet stick out the end!

'Tis the season for warm cuddles on snowy nights.

1 comment:

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)