Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Decade Later...

Today it is almost ten years ago since that fateful day that we first met. I was unpacking my things in my dorm room after a difficult decision to transfer schools and you showed up looking for my roommates.

It wasn't exactly love at first sight.

I was still burning the torch for a relationship that was slowly dying out, and you were hardened and battle-weary from a series of life's hard knocks. To everyone else around us, we seemed as opposite as could be. But opposites or not, after a short while we became good friends. It turned more than a few heads when we started dating several months later.

To everyone on the outside it was seemingly incomprehensible. But we knew better. We understood each other. And what looked like irreconcilable differences on the surface was anything but in actuality. Underneath, we were the perfect match.

Now, a decade later, there is not a moment that I am not grateful for the turn of events and hand of Providence, which led our paths to cross. Each day I am blessed to enjoy the ups and downs of life with someone I couldn't love more if I tried. And yet, beyond all logic and reason, that love continues to grow year after sweet year.

There is no one I would rather be sharing the rest of eternity with.
Happy Birthday, Bryson. ♥

3 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute:) Happy Birthday Bryson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the cutest thing. Big sigh. Happy birthday Bryson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories! Happy Birthday Bryson!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)