2002 brought us the world.We watched as the Olympic torch was run through campus and marveled as the Games came to Salt Lake City. We didn't study nearly as hard as we should have for sixteen days or so.
But seriously, who am I kidding?
With an upcoming wedding in May, we didn't study nearly as hard as we should have for an entire semester. I can't even tell you what classes we took during that time. I can, however, tell you all about the athletes we saw at the Gateway, or that Katie Couric fell in love with fry sauce while she was here covering the Games. Sad.
We had a perfect spring wedding on a typical blustery day in the Windy City. Being sealed together for time and all eternity was an unparalleled experience that I shall always keep deep in my heart. We enjoyed a day full of family, friends, love and laughter. We danced at our reception. And in seemingly no time at all, we were off on our own for a very memorable wedding night... complete with stowaway tick.
(See Bryson or I for details-- talk about your ice breaker!)

We traveled to St. Augustine for our honeymoon. We learned that anything south of the Ohio River might as well be a foreign country to Bryson. As the accents got thicker and thicker on our road trip, his comprehension level took a steady decline. In Georgia, he carried on an impressive conversation with an elderly black man at a roadside pecan stand. He still has absolutely no clue what that gentleman was talking to him about. In Florida we drank from the fountain of youth (literally) and dined on gator tail (yum). St. Augustine was gorgeous and the perfect honeymoon hideaway for us. On the way back to our new life in Utah as husband and wife we explored Mammoth Cave and attended the Nauvoo Temple open house.
Our first home was a camping trailer set up at an RV park at the base of the Jordanelle Dam, while Bryson worked a construction job at a Church campground in Heber Valley. After my parents decided to leave Illinois and relocate to Cache Valley, we made our second home in their basement when we returned to the university.
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
Nothing could have been better.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)