Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Saturday, January 3, 2009

That's Amore

A couple of days ago Bryson took me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday. We decided Italian sounded good, so we got in the car and headed to Macaroni Grill. Everything was perfect. We had a table right by the fireplace, an excellent waiter that took good care of us, and the wonderful just-baked bread with the olive oil & balsamic vinegar...
Mmmm.
Just thinking about that bread makes me wax poetic.

Adding to the ambiance, Dean Martin's "Volare" played in the background.


Bryson: I never understood why they play Dean Martin in Italian restuarants.

Me: Um... I'm pretty sure it's because he's Italian.

Bryson: (confused) Really?

Me: Well, yeah... Half the words he's singing are in Italian. He's a Rat Packer, you know.

Bryson: I know that. But isn't he the black guy?

Me: (stunned silence, followed by uncontrollable laughter) Um... no. That would be Sammy Davis, Jr.

Bryson: Which one is Dean Martin?

Me: (still laughing) The big Italian-looking one!

Bryson: Oh.

Me: (laughing harder) Oh, Bryson, I love you.

Bryson: Thanks... I love you too. You can stop laughing now.


Nothing says "Happy Birthday" like good Italian food, a hot date, and a gut-busting laugh session.
Thanks, B.
It couldn't have been better.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious. Tell Bryson I only laughed a little (but really I laughed a lot!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)