Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy. New. Year.

There is a reason that my posts have taken an extended hiatus, and I wish I could pass it off to all the festive celebration of the holidays. Unfortunately, that just isn't the case.

December was a pretty rough month around here.

Some things that have been weighing on my mind I've written about, some I haven't...

The watershed moment occurred Christmas Eve. A good friend of the family passed away in a tragic accident. Based on the national attention the story received, you may have even heard about it.

You can read about it here.

Needless to say, the last few days I've felt like I've been living in a fog. So much heartache, so much tragedy. I am ready for a decidedly more serene 2009. This afternoon, as I was helping Bryson clean up the house a song came on the radio. It was one that I know by heart, but hadn't heard in quite awhile-- "Bring on the Rain" by Jo Dee Messina. As I reacquainted myself with the lyrics, all my pent-up emotion began to rise to the surface.


Another day has almost come and gone
Can't imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes I'd like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war ('cause)

Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It's almost like the hard times circle 'round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I'm not dead

Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain



Those words helped me find voice for the things that I had been trying to repress and tuck away into a dark corner of the mind. It was a much-needed release.

And I feel a lot better.

Who would of thought such catharsis could be found from listening to country radio?

Not me.

So now we come to today. A new year, a new slate. A rebirth of sorts.
We are faced with the endless possibilities of our own potential, to make our lives more aligned to our dreams. This year, I dream for peace.

Adversity is a fact of life.
Tragedy happens.
But it's my hope that if I can hold on to the peace I strive to maintain in my life, perhaps the inevitable downturns won't find me lost in an atmosphere of despair.

And I hope the next 12 months prove peaceful for you too.

Happy
New
Year.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure sorry about your friend. I hope things continue to go better for you. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)