Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Friday, January 23, 2009

Nighty-Night

For the last little while I have been fighting an irritatingly persistent cold.
My throat is sore, my body is achy, and I generally feel no desire to get out of bed.

A couple mornings ago, Reilly came upstairs to find me in my room, wrapped blissfully in a down comforter.

"Mom," she inquired, "you're sleeping?"

"Not really," I explained, "Mommy's just feeling a little sick."

"Oh." Reilly nodded her head.
And proceeded to carefully tuck me in.

"Night-night, Mom. I love you so very much! Sweet dreams, and don't let the bed bugs bite!"

I received concerned kisses and hugs, and she started to leave.
Then she turned around abruptly.

"Oh, and Mommy?" she added, "You please stay in your bed!"

I chuckled at the phrase Reilly hears nightly from Bryson & I.
(She likes to get out of bed & play with Sheep into the wee hours of the night.)

I would have liked nothing better than to listen to her reprimand, but alas, when you're a mom that just isn't to be.

But I decided to humor her for a few minutes more.

"I love you, Reilly," I called after her.

"I love you, Mom!" the reply came.

I put my head back down on my pillow and smiled.
Maybe I am doing a few things right.
Everyone should be tucked in with such tenderness and care.

1 comment:

  1. You're a great Mom! Your children are very lucky to have you and I am sure you feel just as lucky to have them:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)