Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration


How do you explain politics to a three-year-old?



Yesterday:


Taylor: Mom! Come help me with my puzzle!

Me: Okay, Taylor-- but just a minute. Mommy's watching something very special right now.

...He glances at the TV, where the inaugural ceremony is being broadcast...

Taylor: (skeptically) Mom... it's not special!

Me: Oh, honey, yes it is. It's very special. Our country is getting a new president today, and Mommy really wants to listen.

Taylor: MOM... it's not Christmas anymore. We're not getting new presents!


Presents...
Presidents..
I suppose it just depends on which way you voted!


If you weren't able to watch the proceedings, you really should read Obama's inaugural address.

I am so proud to be an American.

1 comment:

  1. it was such a good day. my brain is still comprehending the greatness and the meaning and the implications of this day.

    and i love hearing henry talk about "barack obama. and you know who he is? the president of the united states america." [no "of" on purpose.]

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)