Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Book of Elmo

I think we may have reached a turning point in Sacrament Meeting today.

Heavens be praised, Taylor actually started listening to the speakers.

Ok, so it was only intermittently, but still.

It was a fantastic meeting. If you were going to pick a good one to start listening in on, it would have been an excellent choice! We were blessed to listen to a young missionary from our home ward, having just returned from Albania. And as Taylor started picking up on the speaker's topics of discussion that he knew something about, he got more and more excited.


Taylor: Mom! He's talking about temples!

Me: Yes, temples. Thank you for listening!

Taylor: Mom! He's talking about prayer!

Me: Yes, prayer. Thank you for listening!

(a few minutes go by)

Taylor: Mom! He's talking about Elmo!

Me: (misunderstanding) Yes, he's talking about Alma. Thank you for listening!

Taylor: I just watch Elmo on TV!

Me: (trying really really hard not to laugh) Oh, honey, not Elmo. Alma. It's a book in the Book of Mormon. He's talking about the Book of Alma.

Taylor: Oh. (quickly loses interest)


Oh well.
You've gotta start somewhere.
Better luck next week.

1 comment:

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)