Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Taking Pause

So much to do, so many things to get in order.
Ack!
Could we please find a way to stop the progressive advancement of the clock?
Just an hour or two?
No?
Dang.

Two days before Thanksgiving!!!
I am running around like a crazy person--
laundry to do,
floors to vacuum,
bathrooms to clean (oh the joy!),
pie to bake,
that weird green jell-o salad that Bryson adores
--as only a native Utahn could--

to prepare.

In my haste, I almost miss the tiny voice's request.

Mom, will you please help me?

Reilly.
She sits on the couch, looking up at me with that wistful smile. She taps the empty space beside her.

Mom, come please sit by me.

*Sigh* Is there really a choice here? Seriously now.

I sit-- the delight evident in her face. Her legs kick as she giggles with satisfied contentment.

Ahhhh...
There's always tomorrow... right?

I snuggle her and whisper softly
I love my Reilly.
And the whisper is returned--
I love my mom.

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany, I've never had a blog post make me cry, but that one did. I think I need to be taking pause myself. Thanks for sharing. And give those kiddos a hug for me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that seriously brought tears to my eyes. It's all about remembering what's really important, right?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)