Bryson came home yesterday to a tired household. Tired, but happy.
Oh, no-- wait-- that was just me.
I was happy. The kids... well, they were just tired.
I was buzzing around the house, trying to at least partially conquer the mountain of laundry needing to be done.
Taylor was grumpily snacking on some goldfish crackers he had found while I was cleaning up. Reilly was still waking up from her nap, and very unhappy (and vocal) about it.
Bryson decided to get dinner on the table.He hit the jackpot-- leftover chicken stuffed with goat cheese & artichokes. Mmmmm. One of our favorites.
Add a pint of home-canned green beans and some homemade applesauce--and voila!
He even tried his hand at entertaining us with a 'dramatic interpretation' of the Killers' new song "Human." He doesn't really care for that song too much. (Sorry, Brandon Flowers.)
The kids, however, were not impressed.
Taylor did eat his applesauce and a token bite of beans. Reilly just screamed.
Hmmm.
It was one of those nights.
I was tired and running low on ideas. Bryson decided desperate times called for desperate measures.
The goldfish crackers made a return trip to the table.
This made Taylor perk up slightly, but Reilly remained unconvinced.
Hearing the end of a laundry cycle, I seized the moment and left the room to swap loads.
From the hall, I suddenly heard a shriek of delight.
Then giggles, giggles, more giggles.
Returning to the kitchen, I found Bryson taking in a goldfish-- then squirming in his seat and squeaking, "Augh! They're swimming in my mouth!"
The kids were loving it.
Seeing me, he rose up to put his arm around me.
A kiss on the neck, a touch of the hand.
This is why I love this man.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)