Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Change of Tune

Sunday morning, rain is falling...

That's certainly the way it feels, at any rate. And when it rains, it certainly does pour.

Exhausted.
There are no other words.
I am completely drained-- body, mind, soul-- from taxing days and sleepless nights.

And so this morning I find myself singing...
Rain, rain go away
Come again
some other day

There is just so much to do.
How on Earth do we pull through?
This morning there are meetings to attend, overnight "accidents" to clean up, breakfast to serve, kids to get ready for church, nursery snacks to distribute. Deciding to tag team it, Bryson puts on a movie to occupy Reilly so he can get ready for high council meetings-- enabling me to help clean up Taylor a little more easily.

I am grumpy.

After his much-needed bath, I lead Taylor back into the family room where Reilly is watching Snow White.

"What do you do when things go wrong? ...Oh! You sing a song!" the heroine exclaims on-screen.

This poor girl has just been betrayed by the queen, survived a murder attempt, and frightened beyond all recall in the dark forest.
And what does she do?
She
sings.

With a smile and a song,
Life is just like a bright sunny day
Your cares fade away, and your heart is young...

I am laughing.

It occurs to me that I am probably singing the wrong song this merry morning. There will always be storms in life, whether it be today or some other day. What matters is my response to the approaching tempest.

So I try to change my tune.
The words come quickly.

Lead kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom
Lead thou me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)