Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Spare

Do you remember Dolly the Sheep? She was the first mammal to be cloned from a single adult cell back in 1996. Well, here at our house, we have been working on trying to clone a sheep of our own.

Due to Reilly's propensity for hiding Sheep in odd and sometimes near-irretrievable locations, I decided to take out a little insurance policy: find a duplicate Sheep. Now, this was not the simplest task in the world. You see, Sheepie was a limited edition stuffed animal put out by Kohls in order to raise money for a kids' charity. They don't make Sheepies anymore.

Thank heavens for eBay.
A few weeks back we received Sheep's clone and she has been living happily in my home office-- giving me that just-in-case reassurance. (We have had a few close calls the past couple of weeks!) I hope that we never have to break out the spare, and one day Reilly will be able to give her daughter her very own Sheepie. We have had so much fun watching Reilly with hers, it only seems fair to pay it forward. But, truth be told, there is another reason I hope we never have to resort to Sheep No. 2...



How on earth am I ever going to pass the new Sheepie off as the old one?!?!?

6 comments:

  1. HA!! I was giggling out loud! I am glad you found Sheep! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you better start mixing it up b/c even if you put new sheepie through the wringer, it won't smell the same and that will be the problem. so sneak in the new sheep here and there before it's an emergency. reilly will soon figure out that there are 2, which will be okay. my nephew has a lamby and has gone through a couple of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Chelsea, you need to be sneeky. Switch them at night when we is alseep. But while your doing it think of the Mission Imposible song in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find on the spare sheepie--you're very smart! I love your garden plans. It already looks so aesthetically pleasing and so well planned...we're just hoping to keep everything alive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering if you've ever washed Sheepie #1. Does it come out looking new again? Or does she refuse to let you wash it? You are one wonderful mommy Tiffany. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, you guys!
    yes, Sheepie does have regular baths... which I think is probably why she's so matted down-- all her fluff just has started sticking together-- I guess kind of like dreadlocks. Rasta Sheepie! :D

    And thanks, Shauni! :) We are hoping our plants survive too! ;) It's all trial and error most years here!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)