Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Anybody Want a Peanut?

For months now, Taylor has been trying to crack the code of the mysterious rhyming game. He has been enamored by the idea of making rhymes for awhile, but the general concept has remained elusive to him.

for example:

Hey, Mom, what rhymes with house?
Mouse.
Mouse! Right! Good rhyming, Mom!

a few minutes later...

Hey, Mom, what rhymes with circle?
Ummmmmm....
OH, I know!!! Circle, elephant! See, Mom? That rhymes!!!
Uh, not quite, kiddo. Good try, though!

Hey, Mom, what rhymes with Grandpa Bob?
Well.....
I know! I know! Grandpa Bob.... and popsicle! See Mom? Grandpa Bob & popsicle rhyme!

you get the picture.

But a couple days ago, Taylor came into my office-- phonics neatly in tow.

Mom, guess what? Tree and bee-- they rhyme!
Taylor! I'm so proud of you! Tree and bee do rhyme! Way to go!

He could have lit the whole house up with the beaming smile that followed.

We feel that things are finally starting to come together for our young poet...
Consider this conversation from last evening:


Hey Dad, what rhymes with purple?
Ummmmmmmmm.........
I know! Urple! Urple rhymes with purple! They rhyme, Dad!
Sure, Taylor.... they do rhyme, but....
Yay! I rhymed! I rhymed!

Ahhh, we'll just let him savor the victory for now...
Vocabulary lessons begin this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)