Sometimes a girl's just gotta take care of herself.
So today, I decided to set aside the lengthy to-do list and just relax a bit. I stayed in bed an extra hour. I've been listening to my favorite Elliott Smith records. Even got out the guitar to try my hand at learning this gem. (Not that I come even remotely close to measuring up... Ben Folds is right-- he played a fine guitar!) At the gym, I decided to hit the steam room for 15 marvelous minutes instead of rushing off to pick up Taylor & Reilly from the Kids' Club. I picked up sushi at Sunflower for dinner tonight. I allowed myself to catch up on some reading while the kids played out back in the sprinkler. I cut garden flowers to adorn my bedside. After the kids are put to bed I intend to have a nice long soak in the tub and pamper myself with a facial while Bryson heads out for meetings this evening.
So far, I'd say it's been the perfect day.
You need one of them every once in awhile.
♥
Good for you!! You so deserve it.
ReplyDeleteSounds WONDERFUL!!!
ReplyDelete