Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorable Day

Things to Cherish Today:

1. A very, very, very excited birthday boy eagerly anticipating his birthday party. He is living proof of Newton's first law of motion. He was most definitively an object in motion, and nothing (and I mean nothing) was slowing him down all day!

2. Dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes. Dinosaur figurines, dinosaur books, dinosaur magnets. We are living in our own little dinotopia. (Taylor's version of heaven, I'm sure.)

3. Both sets of beloved grandparents. It is always so striking how different our families are... mine being so outgoing and conversational, Bryson's being quiet and contemplative. And yet, we all seem to like each other okay. :)

4. A chocolate birthday cake. With black (chocolate), blue, and red frosting. And sprinkles. (Taylor was very particular on exactly what he expected for his special day.)

5. Balloons everywhere! On the walls, on the floors... And only two balloon casualties to speak of!

6. A brand new bike! (From grandparents who really shouldn't spoil their eldest grandchild the way they do... but boy do we love them anyway!)

7. Having nearly all of Bryson's and my siblings under the same roof. (Shauna & Nate; Rob & Angel-- you are missed deeply!)

8. Being able to chat with my Grandma on the phone and listen to Taylor actually carry on a sweet little conversation with his Great-Grandma.

9. Sunny skies and a vibrant green landscape thanks to the plentiful rain over the weekend.

10. At the end of the day, being able to kick back and relax with some Hawaiian pizza and creme soda with my very own Superman. How he was able to get through the festivities of the day and still have the energy for a 7 mile canyon run is beyond me. And myself? After today's wonderful chaos I am content to remain an object at rest. And remember Newton's law? Yeah, I intend to stay that way. At least for the night...

Life is just so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)