- one -
So I know this is a few weeks old, but I would be amiss if I didn't mention the amazing General Relief Society Meeting on September 24th.
I was able to attend in person with my family.
![]() |
| My mom and I - isn't she beautiful? :) |
What a fantastic experience.
A lot has been said about President Uchtdorf's talk-- all of it deserved!
When he spoke about how the Lord would not forget any of us the Spirit was especially strong in the Conference Center. A tangible presence.
I think it's important, however, to "forget not" the other three remarkable addresses given that evening.
I especially loved Sister Beck's remarks about Visiting Teaching and ministering more like the Savior.
Such beautiful teachings.
(And I thought the picture of Sister Thompson's grandmother was absolutely adorable!!!)
- two -
I have mixed emotions about this.
I love Autumn and the changing seasons... but snow?
It seems all a bit too sudden.
And it will put a wrinkle in my plans to go for an Autumnal drive in the mountains-- all the colorful trees are now covered in a blanket of white.
But on the positive side, I got to break out my new cloche.
I love it.
It makes me feel sort of glamorous, like Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face.
I'm not really a glamorous person, but it's fun to pretend anyway.
- three -
If you're in the Salt Lake City area, you ought to go visit the exhibit at the Church History Library that celebrates the history of Relief Society.
There are some amazing items on display, and I thoroughly enjoyed being able to spend some time taking it all in.
My favorite exhibition piece was the original 1842 minute book from Nauvoo. To see the actual writing documenting our extraordinary beginnings.
I took a picture of it with my phone.
This is the line in the minute book with the famous quote from Emma Smith:
![]() | |||
| "Pres. Emma Smith remarked -- we are going to do something extraordinary..." |
- four -
The temple groundbreaking ceremony is tomorrow.
I am so excited.
So. Very. Excited.
- five -
I'm off to a slow start, thanks to a completely chaotic week, but this month I'll be participating in a Book of Mormon forum hosted by Jocelyn at We Talk of Christ, We Rejoice in Christ.
I'll be one of several dozen writers sharing our thoughts and testimonies about this remarkable book of scripture.
It promises to be an inspirational, informational few weeks, and I hope you'll join us!
I'll be one of several dozen writers sharing our thoughts and testimonies about this remarkable book of scripture.
It promises to be an inspirational, informational few weeks, and I hope you'll join us!





thanks for the information about the church history library- it is something I'd like to take a look at.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for your temple ground breaking! So cool. I really need to make it over to the Church History Museum .I've been there to do research but haven't been there to see their exhibits. I really want to do that!
ReplyDeleteI hope the exhibit is still going when I'm there for Christmas, sounds exciting!
ReplyDeleteYou and your Mum look lovely! I'm really enjoying your blog - I found you via the BOM Forum :)
ReplyDeleteLove your hat ...and from your pics, you definitely ARE glamorous! ;)
ReplyDelete