So, it's finally happened.
The twins are talking.
Aside from the traditional "Mama" and "Dada," the first words are officially in.
For Logan, it was "uh-oh."
For Dani, it was "shoe."
Obviously, we are in big trouble here.
But my current favorite word being said around the house these days is Dani's version of "sippy cup." Not being able to clearly pronounce the sounds required of her, it has instead become a "sippy sip." And most of the time even then, she has difficulty in getting her "s" sound correct. In which case, the words come out "zippy zip."
Zippy zip.
I love it.
Every time she toddles on over to me and asks me for a "zippy zip" in that cute little voice of hers, I can't help but grin ear to ear. Her charm is irresistible.
That is, until the other night when I was woken by the sounds of little Dani crying in her crib. I glanced at the clock. 1:30 am. Bleary-eyed, I stumbled into the nursery to comfort her-- assuming that she must be teething again, frightened, or in some other dire need. As I approached her, however, the cries stopped and instead she gave me an enormous grin.
"Zippy zip?" she asked sweetly.
Hmmmmm...
I stared back at her in disbelief, trying to be annoyed.
But it was pretty much pointless.
Even then, it was still adorable.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)