Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Friday, September 23, 2011

{ five things for friday }

- one -



I have loved the celebration of the Proclamation on the Family that has been going on this past month.  There have been some amazing posts written by so many people, and I've really enjoyed getting to know the different writers and reading their heartfelt testimonies.  
It has also been great for me to take a look inward at this topic and to share some of my thoughts and feelings as well.  So many, many thanks to Montserrat, Jocelyn, Jaime, and Shannon for hosting such a wonderful tradition.

Here are a handful of my favorite posts from the celebration:

"The Family Proclamation Includes Everyone" by Jenna Eakins
"Stand as a Witness" by Heather at Women in the Scriptures
"Cooking in My Home" by Cheryl at Happy Meets Crazy
"Tarzan, Vines, and Forgiveness" by Middle-Aged Mormon Man

- two -



They have started some excavation work on the temple lot to prepare the land for the ground breaking ceremony in a couple of weeks.
For the first time ever, having construction equipment wake me up in the early morning hours is not an annoyance.

- three -

My friend Lindsey is one of the featured interviews at the Mormon Women Project this week.  We were roommates for a time at BYU, and she is truly a remarkable person.  If you have a moment, you'll have to read her moving testimony of family and adoption here.



- four -

Taylor lost yet another tooth this week-- this time he pulled it out at church during his Primary class.  If he keeps going at this rate, the Tooth Fairy is going to start running out of quarters quickly!
He has also become obsessed with Star Wars lately.  Apparently this is the Big Thing among boys his age right now.  It's funny how some things never go out of style.  I remember running around with makeshift light sabers when I was about his age too.
Now a day never goes by without him trying to use the force on just about everything.
With very little exaggeration, this is who I am living with these days:




The only thing Taylor is missing is the impressive costume.
By the way, he also thinks this commercial is hilarious.


- five -
 
It has been about a year since we got rid of our satellite/cable television subscription.
I honestly thought we would miss it more than we do.
We're not completely without media-- we are able to stream Netflix with our home Blu-ray player and watch a lot of BYUtv programming on our laptop.  However, we have become much more selective in what we do watch.  One year later, it amazes me how much more sensitive I am to the language, sleaze, and violence on so many shows now.
I'm so glad we made the decision that we did. 

• • •

And those are my five things for Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Aww Taylor is just too cute. My husband can't wait until Dot is old enough to enjoy Star Wars-he absolutely LOVED it as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for no satelitte or cable! We've been without it now for 18 months. And I don't regret it either! BTW, Taylor is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your friend's post on Mormon Women--what an amazing lady! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)