- one -
Normally I am not a big Facebook app person, but I have to say-- the Relative Finder app that BYU has put out that works with the New Family Search program is pretty amazing.
It is pretty remarkable to see how interconnected we all really are.
For example, every single Facebook friend of mine who has loaded the application to their profile has an ancestor in common with me. Including my husband, Bryson. Yep, you heard me right. Apparently we are 9th cousins, once removed. Ha.
But even more fascinating are the close connections that I didn't know existed. I discovered that my friend Helen and I actually have Great-great-great grandparents in common. Ancestors whose names I knew and recognized. No wonder we get along so well.
And then there's the famous people in the family line. My personal favorite? William Shakespeare is my first cousin, fourteen times removed. Knowing that just makes me smile.
- two -
I made a lightened version of these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars for a good friend that recently had a baby girl.
Oh. My.
They were absolutely amazing, and I am very grateful that I gave most of them away so that I didn't eat the whole pan myself! It would have been a lot of laps in the pool trying to burn those babies off.
But really, come to think of it-- they would have been worth it!
- three -
Favorite Song of the Moment:
"Change in the Making" by Addison Road
- four -
I am trying to get geared up for round two of canning.
We made it through cherries and apricots earlier, and now I have currants and blackberries patiently waiting for me to get a move on.
And then there are the nectarines.
For some reason I decided to get a twenty pound box of organic nectarines from the food co-op we frequent. Twenty pounds!!! I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, but I'm pretty sure I'll be happy once all those jewel-colored mason jars are sitting on my pantry shelves.
It'll be good to get in a good rhythm...
Did I mention that peak tomato season is just around the corner?
- five -
I know I mentioned this in a previous post, but we are still basking in the glow of the announcement of the ground breaking ceremony for the temple being built near our home.
I love the fact that President Monson chose a wheat field upon which to construct a new House of the Lord. There's so much rich scriptural symbolism in that. On a personal note, I'm thrilled that Elder Oaks will be the presiding authority at the ground breaking. He was a friend of my Grandpa Ensign's and it just adds yet another layer of meaning to the entire experience for me.
Words don't seem to do it justice, but we are so thankful to have this blessing in our lives.
•••
And those are my five things for Friday!


Ooh, those cookies look so good! I'll have to check out the BYU app. I remember once knowing that you could send in a request to get your lineage for you and your husband to see how you were related, but if I remember right it was a long time ago and they would send you this huge big packet of papers-- this sounds MUCH more manageable!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear about the temple progress. That is so exciting.
I knew my husband and I were related, so that means you and I are related too! I need to see that app. Good luck with canning. It will be worth it! Or you could just freeze stuff.
ReplyDelete