- one -
After several months of working out of town, Bryson is back home. We get to see him all seven days of the week now, not just on the weekends.
Life is good.
This morning as I was getting ready for the day, he poked his head in the bathroom and asked,
"Hey, would you like some eggs for breakfast?"
As if there were any question there.
Because truthfully, Bryson makes the world's best eggs over easy.
(And waffles. Delicious waffles.)
Having your husband at home and making you breakfast on a school day?
This is a luxury I could get used to.
- two -
The Tooth Fairy found Taylor last night.
He lost his very first baby tooth this week, having pulled it out himself during school hours.
I can only imagine the disruption it must have caused in his first grade class.
But he brought it home safe and sound and thrilled to pieces.
Leaving me to wonder at how quickly he is growing up.
Leaving me to wonder at how quickly he is growing up.
- three -
In other family related news, the twins have started climbing.
At the same time.
I was hopeful that this stage would come with a bit of separation, much like when Dani learned to walk a few months before Logan.
No such luck.
They are everywhere.
Of course this would be adorable, except that their most favorite makeshift jungle gym has become the kitchen table.
The old wobbly kitchen table and chairs that I grew up with.
With the hard linoleum floor beneath.
These are some pictures I took this morning:
My hair is turning grey just thinking about it.
- four -
Like a lot of Latter-Day Saints, I absolutely adore Elder Holland. His words never fail to move me. Over the past few months, I have been listening frequently to a BYU devotional he gave back in January 2009. It is entitled "Remember Lot's Wife," and it is amazing.
If you have, like me, struggled to forgive yourself for past mistakes and regrets, I highly recommend listening to it. You can download the audio here or here-- the transcript is also available at those links.
Here is a small snippet of his address, just to whet your appetite.
- five -
I was tipped off to this adorable video testimony by Al Fox, a recent convert to the church, at Kathryn's wonderful blog. I love the simple, pure love of the Gospel that radiates from Al's countenance, videos, and writing. Joyful seems an appropriate adjective. If you have the time, you'll have to check out her blog too.
I love her message that no matter who you are, where you are, or what you've done, that God loves you. That there is a place for everyone in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Amen to that.
•••
And those are my five things for Friday!



No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)