- one -
I came across this picture on Pinterest the other day, and fell in love.
It absolutely captures the way I feel about myself at this moment in time.
Whenever I face regrets about past mistakes or frustrations that I'm not quite where I want to be in life, I hope to remember these words.
Beautiful.
- two -
I taught my fourth Relief Society lesson last Sunday.
You would think that with a few months under my belt that I would be starting to feel a little bit more comfortable behind the podium.
I'm not.
I absolutely love my calling, but I still get the shakes all during Gospel Doctrine before I have to teach. Once I get up and am a few minutes into my lesson, though, I loosen up and things flow fantastically. (Thank you, Spirit!) I just wish I could relax a little bit more and not be so nervous prior to teaching. Every month I come home completely emotionally drained and physically exhausted!
- three -
As a mom to two girls, I get so frustrated at the messages our culture sends out to young women.
On Facebook the other day, one of my friends posted a link to this article, which expressed outrage over the messages emblazoned on girls' tees for sale at JCPenney.
It seems like every year there's some retailer making headlines over these "message tees." But Penney's? Isn't that as mainstream America as you can get?
Things like this just increase my resolve to teach my girls well about their own individual and inherent worth as daughters of God. One's worth is not dependent on their perceived physical attractiveness to the opposite sex. Unfortunately, it appears we have quite the battle ahead of us if these types of messages continue to onslaught our girls.
- four -
Yesterday was my brother, Rob's birthday.
We've been through thick and thin together, and I don't tell him enough how much I love him.
I can't imagine life without him.
I love you, Robbie!!!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!
- five -
As you might (or might not) have noticed, I've started blogging again after quite a long sabbatical.
When I started writing, I gave myself permission to take breaks as needed so that the blog didn't become an unbalanced priority in my life. So this year has been very sparse on the posts because I have tried to devote my attention to those who need me most-- my husband and four little munchkins.
But I had an experience the other day, when I was trying to find a quote that I knew I had posted once upon a time. In the process of locating it I came across story after story about my kids that I had completely forgotten about. It almost frightened me, the little moments I had forgotten simply due to the passage of time. These moments we have with our children are so precious, so fleeting.
I knew that I had to start writing again-- not because of any self-gratification I might feel, but to keep a record for my children and grandchildren.
I want them to be able to read these words and know just how loved they truly are.
And for that reason, I'm back in full force.
•••
And those are my five things for Friday!



Oh, i love that picture of you and your brother. So sweet! It makes me really sad thinking about all the things i have forgotten about my kids already too. I just have to keep reminding myself that in the next life i will have a perfect recollection of everything!
ReplyDeleteOpps, sorry Jon is me. I didnt sign out of my husbands account.
ReplyDelete