Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

At the Bus Stop

Waiting on the curb in the unforgiving sun, I began to worry.

Did Reilly's first day of kindergarten live up to her high expectations?

Would she make new friends?
Would she like her teacher?
Would she find her way?

As the bus rounded the corner, I couldn't help but have a twinge of anxiety.

"Oh please," I thought, "please let her be on that bus."

As the kids began to pour outside from the loudly creaking doors, I began my search.
But the bus was blocking the view of the children--all I could see was their legs from the ankles down.
So I started checking shoes.
Soon, I found Taylor-- two black & green Nikes and a dinosaur backpack.

But where was Reilly?

I didn't have to wait long.  As the bus driver gave the kids the okay to cross the street, there they were.  Taylor and Reilly.  Holding hands.  And I held back my tears as they ran up to me with their excited smiles.

"How was your day today at kindergarten, Reilly?"  I asked.

"Great!  Taylor sat by me on the bus!"

I should have known.
Clearly, everything here is under control.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)