Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday, April 5, 2009

We Thank Thee

Conference weekend is always so restorative. After having slugged it out in the trenches of life for six months, I am always grateful for the spiritual elixir that flows in abundance twice a year from the Conference Center pulpit. Afterward I am good to go for another six months... give or take. It helps sustain me through the difficult times and keeps me focused during the good times.

This year, I was pleasantly surprised to see Taylor catch on a little to some of the things that were said.

On Saturday morning, Elder Allan F. Packer gave a fantastic discourse. He recounted an experience he had during his high school football years, and how-- in the midst of the noise and chaos that takes place on the football field-- he heard his coach's voice through the tumult. By listening and following his coach's urgings, he was able to accomplish the play he was supposed to complete. He knew his coach's voice because he had been to practice and learned to trust him. Elder Packer then compared this to learning to recognize and trust in the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I personally loved this story, coming from a coaching background myself. I loved it even more when I heard Taylor speak up.

"Mom, he's talking about the Holy Ghost!"
"Yes, Taylor, he is."

"The Holy Ghost tells us things in our hearts!"

"That's right, Taylor, you are so smart! Thanks for listening to Conference with us. I am so proud of you!"

"Thanks, Mom," he grinned.

...Ah, be still my heart.

Then, after President Monson's address Sunday morning, the Tabernacle Choir performed an amazing rendition of "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet." Wow. It stopped Taylor dead in his tracks. After the last note dissipated to silence, Taylor looked at us wide-eyed.

"That was a cool song," he exclaimed.

"It was a cool song," Grandma Brandy agreed.

I am so grateful for moments like these when the Spirit permeates our home in a truly tangible way. When powerful feelings overcome and touch the hearts of my children. Watching their testimonies take root buoys me up and strengthens me as well.

I am so grateful for living prophets, seers, and revelators on the Earth today.
I am so grateful for our Savior and His ever-present love for each of us.
I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who knows & is mindful of all His children.


I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)