Last night, as I was tucking Taylor in, he asked me a question.
"Mom, will you protect me?"
I looked at him and replied with all sincerity:
"Of course I will protect you, Taylor. I will do everything in my power to protect you."
He thought it over.
"Hey Mom, do you remember yesterday? When I almost fell down the stairs? And you caught my hand and stopped me before I felled?" (We're still working on grammar.)
"Yes, sweetie."
"Mom, you were a hero," he pronounced with a grin.
"A hero?" ...Me?
"Yes, Mom. You protected me. Will you always protect me? If there is a fire? Or if a monster comes out of my closet and tries to get my elephant, and Elephant goes 'pfffffffffft' and the monster still comes to get us and I bonk him on the head with a sword because monsters don't like swords... will you still protect me?"
"Taylor, you are my special boy. Of course I will protect you. I love you so much. I will always do everything I can to protect you."
"Okay, Mom," he sighed contentedly. "I just love you so much! Sweet dreams!"
"Goodnight, Taylor. I love you too."
I guess heroes come in all shapes and sizes.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go iron my cape.
♥
Oh my that's awesome!! I guess that made up for anything naughty he might have done that day!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute story... I love reading your blog, Tiff. You have a gift for writing. Hope to see you soon - maybe at Michele's shower? Love you lots...
ReplyDelete