Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For Mom


From my earliest remembrance, I always thought my mom was Superwoman.
If she had flaws, I certainly didn't notice... until those lovely teenage years, of course. She just always had everything together. Talented, spiritual, well-respected, organized, and stunningly beautiful, I looked up to her as a model that I thought I would never be able to quite measure up to. Still do, for that matter.

As the years have gone by, I have come to see my mom through different eyes-- especially now that I find myself the mother of two small children. I feel that I now have a deeper understanding and appreciation of who she is. She has become more real, more human to me. She has become my friend. I am so grateful to her for the constant example she is to me of compassion and unconditional love. For her patience with me through the years, especially those difficult late teens-early twenties when I was searching for myself. I only hope I can demonstrate the same love and patience with my own children. And though I stumble most days, I am grateful for my mom's continual encouragement-- only a phone call away.

Happy Birthday, Mom.

As Taylor would put it,
I just love you so much.

2 comments:

  1. not that you haven't always looked like your mom to some extent, but, geez, you sure look like your mom! and you're both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)