Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Friday, March 27, 2009

Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Do you ever stop once in awhile and think about what might have been?

I had one of those moments recently as I had an opportunity to catch up with an old college boyfriend this past week. It was an interesting experience.

You see, back in the day I was completely head over heels for this kid. We shared a lot of good times together, and he was everything that I thought I wanted. When the relationship ended after a couple of years, I was devastated, pure and simple. It took a lot of doing to get myself together and look forward to a better and brighter future.

I have that future today.

Being married to your absolute best friend in the world is something I wish everyone could enjoy. Never in my life have I been as happy as I am with Bryson, and I am always pleasantly surprised to discover that as the years progress, so does our love for one another. I adore being married to him.

And so as I was chatting with my old ex-- who, by the way, is still a fantastic person and fun to talk to, it struck me how altered my life would be right now if things had turned out differently.

I am so glad that they didn't.

Having come to this little epiphany, I found myself wanting to reach back in time to that poor little co-ed crying her eyes out in her dorm room. To tell her that everything was going to be alright. To tell her that her happiest and best years were still ahead of her. To tell her that she deserved better... and would find much, much better.

Sometimes life throws curves at you that you never would have anticipated. I know I have had my share. But one thing I've learned through all this is that God is always in the details. If we can just hang on to our last remaining shreds of faith, He will see us through. A door will open... eventually.

Little decisions, seemingly insignificant moments can completely change the trajectory of our lives. I am so grateful the twists and turns in my life brought me to where I am today.

I love you, Bryson.

1 comment:

  1. I totally could have written a post just like this (except for the part about my ex being a great guy - not true). Being married to Joe is so fabulous and I wish everyone had that. I'm so glad you and Bryson are so happy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)