Recently, a good friend of mine blogged about the new quilting store in the neighborhood-- quickly dubbing it the "happiest place on Earth." (No offense to the Disney conglomerate.) And I must admit, there is a certain aura about that little store.
It has its own gravitational pull.
Unfortunately, I am kind of a dunce when it comes to sewing. (Something I am trying to change this year... wish me luck!) So I haven't yet experienced the bliss that is Gracie Lou's Quilt Shoppe.
But, as fate would have it, I have found my own little slice of
heaven this year.It's name?
Sunflower Farmers Market.
It is my Happy Place.
Seriously.
The first time I walked in I swear I could hear angels singing.
Mountains of inexpensive, quality organic produce?Check.
An unlimited supply of free-range meats-- including an
array of chicken & pork sausages made in-house?You bet.
More varieties of cheese, hummus, and olives than you even knew existed?
Of course.
All the unusual & hard-to-find Asian condiments & commodities you couldn't find anywhere else?Look no further!
A complete array of bulk grains, nuts, legumes, and dried fruit just waiting for your arrival?
Voila!
Beautiful displays of fresh fish & incredible sushi-- again, made in-house?
You better believe it, sister.
(I wholeheartedly endorse their spicy tuna rolls!)
Would you like the ultimate in fresh peanut or almond butter?Grind your own for only $2.99 a pound!
This place is heaven on Earth.
I took Bryson a couple weekends back, just because I
thought he needed to see this place. Didn't even need to purchase groceries. I don't know if he understood my exhilaration completely, but looking around he nodded. "This is definitely your store," he agreed.Ah, yes.
The mother ship has called me home.
You had me at hummus...
ReplyDeleteIn california my parents go to a place called Trader Joe's, and I was always sad that nothing even remotely similar existed here. But look at that! I am so excited!! That requires a trip to Orem. Very awesome! I would go now if it wasn't past midnight...
PS- 100 bonus awesome points for the link ;) You are now at 105. (You got 5 earlier for naming the line from Friends) You get an extra 50 for reading my blog at all, so that puts you in the lead with 155 awesome points.
Love Trader Joe's! :) Yes, for the last several years I have been weighing the pros & cons of making the 2 hour round trip to Wild Oats from here... Never could justify it. Hooray for Sunflower!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the awesome points! YESSSSSSSSSSS! :)
ok, where is this wonderland?
ReplyDeleteOrem-- in the old Ultimate Electronics building. Just south of University Mall. Enjoy! :)
ReplyDelete