Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Move Over, Mozart

It would seem that we have a musical prodigy in the house.

The other night, as I was tucking Taylor into bed, I asked him what bedtime song he would like me to sing before I turned the lights off. He thought it over for a moment, and said "Mom, I want to sing The Candy Song."

Thinking this must be a song he had learned in preschool, I replied "Taylor, I'm not sure I'm familiar with that particular tune. Can you sing it for me?"

"Sure, Mom."

And this is what I was serenaded with:

I love to eat candy.
I love to eat candy.

I love to eat candy
Because I love to eat candy.

But suckers are for later.....


I love to eat candy

Miss Ashley gave me candy
And I love to eat candy
But I share my candy with Reilly

Because she loves to eat candy too
And I love to eat candy too.


I love to eat caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandy!

"Wow, Taylor." I remarked, holding back the giggles. "Did you make up that song all by yourself?"

"Yep," was the proud reply.

"Aw, you're such a good singer," I encouraged. "I just love to hear you sing."

"Thanks, Mom."


Suckers are for later.
That about made me bust a gut.

I don't let Taylor have candy very often. And he only has suckers once in a blue moon.
If you saw him last Halloween night in action, you would understand my rationale.
I present this picture as Exhibit A.

At any rate, we'd like to thank Taylor's preschool Valentine's party for the sugary inspiration that brought life to this musical work of art.

And if you think that's good, you should hear his latest diddy.
It has to do with toy cars.

Naturally.

1 comment:

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)