Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday, February 9, 2009

Count Your Blessings... Instead of Sheep


"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!"


This is not a noise you want to hear in the middle of the night.

No, it's not a cry for help, or even the exclamation of someone who has just spotted a particularly hairy spider.

This is Sheep's talking voice.
Yes, Sheep talks.
In a voice eerily reminiscent of Mickey Mouse... on helium.

The other night, around three in the morning, I woke up to Sheep's oh-so melodious voice coming in over the baby monitor.

Several minutes of monologue that I couldn't translate for you if I wanted to.

After glancing at the clock I rolled over and stared at the ceiling, praying that a certain little girl would go back to sleep with her furry little friend.
The seconds went by slowly.
Then minutes.

I was beginning to sit up when Sheep was suddenly interrupted by a very stern Reilly.

"Sheep," she exclaimed, "It is time to go to sleep. You need to be quiet and go Back. To. Sleep!"

Grinning in the dark, I put my head back on my pillow.

Some people count sheep in order to fall asleep.

My daughter talks to one.

2 comments:

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)