Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Loves of Her Life

Before sending her off to her afternoon kindergarten class, Reilly and I spent some time completing some schoolwork she had been assigned.  In recognition of Valentine's Day, she was asked to draw pictures of things that she loved on one of her workbook pages.

She didn't even have to think about what she would draw to begin with.  

"Sheepie!"  She exclaimed, happily drawing her favorite little grey friend.

Carefully labeling her drawing, she went to turn the page to start the next assignment.

I stopped her before she continued on.

Isn't there anything else that you love?

She looked back at me blankly.  "Like what?"

"Well," I elaborated, "what about your family?  Don't you love your family?"

Suddenly the light went on, as she realized that the assignment could also include people and not just things.

She looked at me aghast.
"Of course I love my family!  I don't love Sheepie as much as I love God and my family!"

She quickly amended her original drawing.
 
Her simple faith, full of trust and love for her Heavenly Father inspires me to do the same.

Just as little children trust, each of us must have that same childlike, unreserved trust. We must all remember that we are sons and daughters of God and that He loves us very much. If we truly understand who we are, we will have an unfailing source of hope and comfort.

- Elder W. Craig Zwick, "The Lord Thy God Will Hold Thy Hand," Oct. 2003 Conference Report. 

Thanks for the reminder, Ry.

1 comment:

  1. *heart melting* Kids are so wonderful.

    And you are a great mom for reminding her of what she really loves. I am sure you taught her to love God and her family, by loving God and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)