When I was younger, I had definite ideas about my future husband.
He would be tall.
And charming.
And musical.
Definitely musical.
He would be an Eagle Scout.
A returned missionary.
Someone with a dynamic personality.
Outgoing.
Sociable.
So imagine my surprise when I fell in love with someone who was quiet, reserved, and tone deaf.
Completely tone deaf.
He was an Eagle Scout, but had not served a mission-- at least not in the traditional sense.
But as time went by, that checklist which I had thought to be so very important didn't matter much anymore.
To me, he was charming.
For me, he was perfect.
It is almost twelve years to the day when we first met-- seemingly total opposites from completely different walks of life.
Although to see us today, one would scarcely believe that.
On this day, I stand in awe of where this journey has taken us.
I watch you as you tenderly care for our children with a deep and abiding love.
Looking on as they gaze up at you with their eyes full of trust and complete adoration.
I marvel as you humbly serve those around you, as you try to emulate our Lord and Savior.
Inspiring me by your example to do a little better and be a little better in my own life.
And perhaps greatest of all, I watch in amazement as you continue to love me even more today than you did way back then-- despite all my glaring faults and shortcomings.
For that, I have no words with which to express my eternal gratitude and devotion.
I love you more than I could possibly say.
Happy Birthday, Bryson.

What a tender photo...lucky to have such a man!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!
ReplyDeleteI cried when I read this post Tiff! What a beautiful tribute to an amazing man! I love you both so much! Happy Birthday Bryson!
ReplyDelete