What do you get when six somewhat crazy girls decide to participate in an 188 mile long relay?
Well, here you have it:
Apologies for the poor video resolution... Blogger's file size limitations are a bit stifling. I have a better quality version on my facebook page!
Being a member of a Ragnar team was an amazingly tough & wonderful experience. I learned so much about myself and created many memories to last a lifetime. Looking back on the miles I logged I honestly can't help but smile with a smidgen of pride. In the course of 18.4 miles I ran up the old sun-scorched road to Snowbasin, watched the black of night turn to day along the western side of Rockport Reservoir, and ran through a raincloud at the Deer Valley summit before making the descent to the base of the mountain. Not too shabby.
I was also blessed with 5 incredible teammates who taught me so much about perseverance and inner strength. Before my last leg I wanted to burst into tears. (And nearly did.) I simply did not know where in the world I was going to find the stamina and energy to crank out 7.3 more miles. But somehow we all got through those last legs-- and in pretty decent time, too! I know I could never have done it without all the support from my fellow Creatures of Habit. Thanks so much, ladies! We started out as a mix of friends, family, and strangers... and by the end we were all the closest of teammates.
One of the more surprising things about the Ragnar weekend was how my testimony of the priesthood was strengthened. I am so grateful for Dallan-- Deb's very brave husband that volunteered to drive six slightly sleep-deprived and sweaty women through the night and morning hours of the 30+ hour ordeal. I knew that come those early morning hours we would be thankful to surrender driving responsibilities to someone who hadn't been running throughout the day. What I didn't know prior to the race was how comforted and safe I would feel, knowing that we had someone watching over us who honored his priesthood and could minister to us, should the need arise. I am so grateful for God's power on the earth, and the men who strive to live worthily so that they might bless the lives of others.
Running through the back country of the Rockies, you cannot help but stand in awe of the majesty of God's creation. I am so thankful for the beauty that surrounds us in all of its forms-- whether it be the snow capped mountains, or the strength of a runner pressing on forward to reach their summits. Was it worth it? Every second.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteahhh...shucks, tiffers...
ReplyDeleteDid I really call you "Honey bunches?" What, are you a cereal? I guess, in that moment, I must have forgotten your name! LOL what a dork I am...
How do I get a copy?! I love it! Thanks so much for putting it together...I want to remember the experience and the friends...Not so much my chubby self, but I guess you get what you can!
Thanks again!
I'm going to check out the video in the better resolution on your facebook page, but it looks like you guys (I mean, uh, ladies, Sister Davis...) had a blast!
ReplyDelete