It has been a week from...
well...
you know.
I'm feeling a bit like a hamster running on an exercise wheel. I'm trying with all my might to get somewhere, but still feel like I'm simply spinning my wheels. I'm tired. I'm grumpy. I'm frustrated.
Particularly since I've sworn off sweets for the next 6 weeks. I really think all of this stress and discouragement could be resolved with a large bowl of Breyer's chocolate. *sigh*
It was one month ago yesterday that we lost our dear friend to cancer.
I think that's why I've been feeling so heavy hearted. My thoughts have been with Ryan & Noah.
But spontaneously this afternoon Taylor walked into my bedroom and proceeded to give me a big bear hug.
"Mom?" He asked, "Do you know why I just love you so much?"
"Why, Taylor?"
"Because you're my best friend!" He grinned ear to ear.
Ahhhh.
Is there anything quite as fulfilling as that?
Sunlight breaks through the stormy sky outside my window.
Maybe the ice cream can stay in the freezer for another day.
Definitely better than ice cream.
ReplyDeleteHey Tiffers! I found your blog link at the bottom of an email...hope you don't mind me keeping track of you. Thanks so much for putting up with me for the ragnar! it was a blast!
ReplyDelete