Just last night, Reilly announced to us before bed that while she loved both Bryson and I lots and lots, she loved her daddy more.
Although I can't deny that it stung a little, I know it's nothing personal.
I was once a daddy's girl myself.
And when you have a daddy like mine, you recognize that it is something special. Something to be treasured.
In this world where men are so strongly encouraged to create a legacy of material wealth, I stand in awe of those who choose to prioritize their lives toward building a spiritual legacy instead.
Of fathers who love their children, and choose to engage themselves fully in their lives.
Who build and uplift.
Who strengthen and encourage.
Fathers who tell their children that they love them fiercely-- not just by their actions, but with their words too. Fathers who don't assume that their children know how they feel, but communicate so that there can be no doubt in their minds exactly where they stand.
Who lead by love, not fear. By inspiration, not oppression.
Fathers who seek to be led themselves by their own Father in Heaven as they navigate through the uncertain waters of parenthood.
I am grateful to have been raised by such a father, and feel extraordinarily blessed to also have such a man as a father to my own children. I cannot imagine my life without either of them, and thank God that my own boys have such wonderful role models of what true manhood looks like in their lives.
Thank you, Dad.
Thank you, Bryson.
Thank you, Real Fathers everywhere.


You have such a terrific blog, and I want to invite you to participate in a link up party on my blog! Come visit me at Sweet and Simple Faith.
ReplyDeletesandsfaith.blogspot.com