Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April Adventures • Beachside

There is something inherently pacifying about the ocean.  After the crowds and clamor of Disneyland, relaxing on the white sands of Huntington Beach were a breath of fresh air.  We realized after a few hours of fun in the sun that we could have spent an entire vacation just soaking up the tranquility that the Pacific offered.  It had been entirely too long since I had last breathed in the salty air and listened to the rhythmic lull of the cresting waves.  So heavenly.

It was our kids' first time exploring the ocean shoreline-- in fact, Taylor was the only one of our little brood to have even seen the ocean previously, and he was less than a year old when we stayed on the rocky coast of Mendocino, CA.  Being there to witness their childlike awe at the vastness and beauty of the California coast was absolutely priceless.  They loved every minute we were there.  Only Logan was timid about wading in the water, and once he experienced a little incoming wave knocking him off his feet he was decidedly intent on staying in his momma's arms.  Taylor and Reilly happily collected sea shells and built sand castles, while Dani did her best to help.

As we reluctantly headed back to our hotel after a beautiful afternoon, Taylor remarked, "that was even better than Space Mountain!"  I couldn't agree more.  

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are beautiful! Looks like you had such a good time. I'm counting down the days until our family holiday... 25 to go! :-)
    Take care,
    Chantelle

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)