Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Soundtrack of Gratitude

Now I must confess, I absolutely love Christmas music.

Although I normally refrain from playing it before Thanksgiving, I will freely admit that there have been times when I have listened to my favorites during the "off season."  But particularly since I have had children, I have come to notice that when Christmas music is playing in the early weeks of November, the focus tends to shift ever so tangibly to Christmas instead of the holiday that is actually approaching. 

So this year, I decided that I was going to try and find some Thanksgiving music to listen to through these next few weeks.  And you know what?  I found some great tracks.

I thought I'd share a playlist I created of some great contemporary songs that are especially appropriate for Thanksgiving.  Some speak directly of giving thanks and gratitude, some are traditional folk songs associated with this time of year, and others are simply more general in their praise of God and all the blessings He freely bestows to His children.  All of them have helped me keep the focus in our home on giving thanks at this special time of year.

• • •

A Soundtrack of Gratitude (Contemporary Version)

1.  Simple Gifts - Steven Sharp Nelson
2.  This is the Day - Rachel Scott
3.  For the Beauty of the Earth - Steve & Danny Thompson
4.  My Father's World - Jadon Lavik
5.  How Great Thou Art - Lindsey Kane
7.  How Could I Ever Say Thank You - Kathryn Scott
8.  Psalm 118 - Shane & Shane
9.  Hallelujah (Acoustic Version) - Bethany Dillon
10.  You Raise Me Up - Aled Jones
11. Gratitude - Nichole Nordeman
13.  Simple Gifts - Jewel
14.  All Creatures of Our God and King - Justin Unger
15.  Homeward Bound - Ashlee Cook
16.  What a Wonderful World - Stacey Kent
17.  Amazing Grace - Jadon Lavik
18.  Count Your Blessings - Ali Matthews


I hope you enjoy this playlist as much as our family has!  I'm also working on fine tuning a more traditional/classical playlist for Thanksgiving as well.  I'll try and post it in the coming days.

Best wishes for a season of gratitude!



1 comment:

  1. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    Thanks so much! My girls and I were just talking about finding "grateful" songs today. You save me a TON of work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)