- one -
I am so grateful for the power of priesthood blessings, and a husband who holds it with humility and honor.
Not only were our children blessed to help them recover quickly, but I also received a blessing to help strengthen and sustain me through these difficult days.
We all were most definitely strengthened, body and soul.
- two -
I am also incredibly thankful for my automatic washer and dryer.
In Hilary Weeks' book Bedtime and Naptime, she delivers a tongue-in-cheek ode to her washer, and how we really should appreciate all that they do for us a little bit more. I think she's on to something.
I cannot imagine what the past few weeks would have been like without it. The amount of laundry we have had to wash and rewash has been staggering.
We are truly blessed with all the modern conveniences we enjoy.
I cannot imagine what the past few weeks would have been like without it. The amount of laundry we have had to wash and rewash has been staggering.
We are truly blessed with all the modern conveniences we enjoy.
In a similar vein, I am also very, very thankful for indoor plumbing.
We'll just leave that one at that.
- three -
I am so grateful for music.
It lifts my soul, and it brings a great spirit into our home. We took this photo of the twins this morning playing the piano, now that they are feeling better. Their expressions pretty much say it all.
Whether it is being played on the piano or the radio, it is a major contributor to the atmosphere in our home. As we have tried to listen to songs that reflect the message of Thanksgiving this past week, it has put us in a great frame of mind.
- four -
I am thankful for Milky Way Midnights.
When I first bought the Halloween candy variety pack, I went through and picked them all out to save them for a rainy day.
The kids don't appreciate them, anyway.
At least, that's what I tell myself.
Anyway, as I was deep cleaning the house yesterday, trying to banish all the nasty germs, I found the stash. I had completely forgotten about them.
Totally made my day.
Totally made my day.
I am grateful for four special little spirits that I have been able to tend to and nurse back to health over the past week.
I am thankful for the extra time spent as we snuggled by the fireplace reading stories together.
(We're currently working our way through A. A. Milne's Winnie the Pooh.)
For hugs and kisses, and tender I-love-you's.
These are the moments I literally wouldn't trade for the world.
• • •
And those are my five things for... um, Saturday!





I love Milky Way Midnights, but as far as I can tell you can't get them in Canada. It's always fun to find something you stashed away, like a five dollar bill in your coat pocket. That always makes my day.
ReplyDeleteI love how so many of your five things are related to your family...
ReplyDelete