Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Thoughtful

Wait.
Was that my name that I just heard?

Wrestling with two babies during Sunday School isn't always conducive to active participation in gospel discussion.

What are we talking about? What was that quote again? Something by Joseph Fielding Smith, something about technology, something about the hand of the Lord in its development... A bold statement. An interesting statement. What was the question?

Wait.
They want my opinion?
I beg your pardon?

The teacher explained.
"Even though she's got her hands full at the moment, I'd like to ask what her thoughts might be-- having listened to her speak in church, she always seems to be quite thoughtful in her consideration of gospel matters."

I'm pretty sure everyone could hear my pulse race.
Or feel how much heat was radiating off my red-splotched face.
And I'm pretty confident my response was anything but thoughtful.

But all things considered, I'm flattered.

For as we maneuver our way through societal expectations, women are often encouraged to pursue qualities that are little more than skin deep. Beautiful. Sexy. Skinny. Youthful.

But thoughtful?

Now there's a trait I can get on board with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)