Do you know what's worse than a missing Sheepie?A missing Reilly.
We came to the farmers' market for some local honey.
We left with a near heart attack.
After perusing through the different vendors' stalls and enjoying some yummy chicken satay, we decided to let the kids play on the playground while we watched from a nearby bench.
And then it happened.
One minute she was there, the next...
Panic.
We checked the tube slides.
We checked the restrooms.
We checked every which way one could possibly imagine.
Nothing.
I felt fear starting a chain reaction within, threatening to consume me in a fantastic implosion of raw emotion.
"Bryson," I gasped, "We've got to find her!"
As if that wasn't perfectly obvious.
It was 5-10 minutes of sheer terror.
And then.
An angel in a farmer's hat and work shirt appeared, my own pig-tail clad angel in tow.
How do you thank someone for saving your life?
There simply are no words.
So I could only cry.
I'm so glad you found her!
ReplyDeleteoh i KNOW that feeling and thinking about the experience makes me want to cry with you all over again. i can't imagine the feelings of those who have to live with that hell for longer than 10 minutes. i'm pretty sure i'd have to be locked away if i couldn't convince somebody to kill me first.
ReplyDelete