For Taylor, Reilly, and I, music is simply one of life's imperatives.
Riding in the car, it is rare that we don't have the radio playing-- with at least one of us singing along wholeheartedly.
However, it must be said that our taste does vary considerably.
Taylor, for example, gets a kick out of jingles and radio promo songs.
One of his current favorites is a commercial for a used car company that rips off the "Brady Bunch" theme song.
I can't stand it.
The other day it came on, and I quickly changed the station.
I just couldn't take it anymore.
"Moooooom," Taylor complained,
"Turn it BAAAACK! I like that song!!!"
But Reilly quickly protested.
"No!!!!
Don't change this song!
I LOVE this song!!!"
I listened to what was currently playing.
I couldn't help chuckling to myself.
"Really, Reilly?" I asked, "You like this song?"
"Yes, Mom," she replied. "This song is just perfect!"
Green Day.
21 Guns.
Well, now.
Rock on, Reilly.
Rock on.
I'm going to have to agree with Reilly on that one! I miss that cute little girl by the way!
ReplyDeletetoo funny. i always crack up when henry requests pop songs. i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have requested gwen stefani or "video killed the radio star" or "africa" at 4y.o.
ReplyDelete