Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's True

Each year as we approach Christmastime, I consider how to best teach my children the true reason for the season.  While I love Santa and all that good stuff, I try not to make it the focus of our holiday.  At home, we listen to Christmas music constantly, and I try to keep the majority of songs centered on the Savior.  

An artist that I love, Christmastime or not, is Sara Groves.  This year, as I listened to her song "It's True," I suddenly started to cry.  I think as a mother, daughter, sister, and friend, this song seems to express so well my own feelings and beliefs about the Nativity story at this specific moment in my life, and how I want my children to feel about it as well. Despite the doubt that is so prevalent in the world today, we don't have to be hesitant.  As Toby Groves says so sweetly in the song, "Is anything too wonderful for God?" 

In keeping with that spirit, I put together a slideshow for my children to go along with Sara's beautiful lyrics.  I thought I would share it with those who would be interested here.  It's my hope that it brings a little Christmas cheer into your day.  




Remember the reason for the season!  Despite all the secular traditions we enjoy this time of year that have their basis in fiction, the wonderful truth of the matter is that the real Christmas story is not mere fantasy!

Just as in the Holy Bible, the Book of Mormon also testifies of Christ's sacred birth.


And it came to pass that I looked and beheld … the city of Nazareth; and in the city of Nazareth I beheld a virgin, and she was exceedingly fair and white.

And I looked and beheld the virgin again, bearing a child in her arms.

And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father!
(1 Ne. 11:13, 20-21)

Alongside Christians of all denominations and faiths, we also rejoice over the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ-- He who was born to save us all.  He was born for you and for me.  Each of us, individually and collectively.

It's true!
Glory to God in the highest.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a special gift! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)