Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday, December 12, 2011

{five things ix}

-one-

So today's five things was actually started on Friday night, I promise.  These days, writing sometimes has to come in tiny increments.  But when I started putting my Friday five together, it was 8:30 in the evening, and as I looked around I realized that I had spent the entire day in my pajamas.  It was just that kind of day.  In fact, the only members of my family who had actually changed into normal everyday clothes were Bryson and Taylor.  Reilly had spent the day at home sick, and the twins just sort of had a pajama day by default.

In fact, most days you can find me in my bright red flannel pajamas.  They've kind of become my new uniform.  They're warm.  They're comfy.  They have a stretchy waistband.  Seriously, what's not to love?

-two-


If my pregnancies could have a sponsor, it would be the little Mexican food chains here in Utah-- Betos & Rancherito's.  I'm pretty sure that they're run under the same parent company, although each restaurant seems to be independently owned and operated.  While the idea of most food in general right now absolutely turns my stomach, I can't get enough of their ham & egg breakfast burritos.  And honestly, those things are monsters-- like, football-sized.  Almost.  In my non-pregnant state I can barely put down half of one.  But now...  Oh, heaven help us.  It must be the protein that my body is craving, but holy cow.  The adorable little Mexican-American lady that works the drive up in the mornings has gotten to know me well through my pregnancy with the twins and now these last few weeks.   

-three-



Contrary to what you might assume, this is not a crime scene photograph.

A few weeks ago, we purchased some toddler beds for the twins.  Nights have been... well, interesting ever since.  This was the scene one morning when I came to check on them.  Logan was cozied up on his bed just fine, but Dani...  Well, you can see for yourself.  Blankets strewn about the room, and she was snoozing face-down, with her winter coat over the top of her.  We're hoping she gets the hang of it soon.

-four-

Last week, I actually had a couple-day stretch where I felt pretty good.  Since I had a bit of energy, I decided to make some Christmas cookies.  Taylor was at school, and Logan wasn't interested, but my girls were all on board for the adventure.


As you can see, Reilly "helped" thoroughly.

I tried out a new recipe this year, a "chocolate crinkle" cookie-- you can check out the link for the recipe!  They are very good.  Following the recommendation of one of the reviewers, I rolled half of the cookie dough in powdered sugar for the traditional "snowball" look, and then I rolled the other half in regular granulated sugar.  After baking, I let the glittery granulated ones cool somewhat and then added a candy cane Hershey's kiss to the center.  Ta da!  Two cookies for the work of one!  Awesome.

-five-

Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to show you my most favorite thing at the moment.  This is a picture that Reilly drew for me of our family.  Note how many people are in the drawing.


There are so many things I love about this picture.  I love that she chose to draw the new baby as already a part of the family-- in fact, right at the very center!  I love how happy everyone is.  I love that Reilly chose to draw herself right in between Bryson and I, and that she's looking up at us with a big smile.  And that her big brother Taylor is looking down at her, watching over her.  So true to life (most days).  Family really is the most amazing gift.  I'm so grateful for a home that is filled with real and honest love.

• • •

And those are my five things for last week!

3 comments:

  1. ooh, I love Betos too! I like the texan burrito that has potatoes in it, oh yum! It made me laugh to hear that you can devour them. There was one day in ABe's pregnancy when I came home and told my husband that I NEEDED two whoppers from Burger King. I was thinking about the jr sized ones but he got me two full sized ones and I snarfed BOTH of them. I felt SO much better afterwards. I think pregnancy is just about the only time that junk food makes you feel good! At least for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Betos, totally miss it now that I live in BC. This was such a cute post full of your love for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! The picture of the twins sleeping patterns sent me right back to when my twins were that age. They are now 17, but it doesn't seem that long ago I was dealing with scenes like that one. Getting them to bed each night, with out the crib was such a project. I would close the door, and come back and they would both be asleep on the floor in front of the door. Another time, and they would be sleeping with eachother. I miss those days! They are in a great fun stage now, but Oh I remember those days! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)