Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

... And Cue the Near Cardiac Arrest

Around four o'clock in the afternoon, I begin to drag a bit.

It is the hour of the doldrums for me.
Exhausted from the errands of the day, and sadly-- still so far from bedtime.

This day had run its course.
And I was feeling pretty good about my productivity.  I had even scrubbed the master bathroom from head to toe-- a task I had been dreading all week long.

So I sat for a brief moment, enjoying a moment of serenity before heading off to fold the laundry and prepare our dinner.

Just as I arose, Reilly skipped into the room-- with her ever-loyal Sheepie-- singing a cheerful tune.  I paused to watch her for a moment, caught by her endless energy and infectious enthusiasm.  Her eyes sparkled and I smiled for a moment.

It was then that I noticed Reilly wasn't the only one in the room that was sparkling.


 Just in case you missed it...


Yep, that would be both my engagement ring AND wedding band that Sheepie is sporting ever so blissfully.
The very same ones I had taken off prior to the bathroom scrubbing fiesta that had taken place in the early afternoon hours.

Needless to say, a certain little girl had a talk with a certain hyperventilating mommy.

But what can I say?
Sheepies, they like their bling.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man - I've had so many close calls with my ring it's not funny (including finding it in a pineapple can in the garbage). Sometimes I think I should just leave it in the jewelry box, but I love to have it on my finger, so I guess the risks are worth it. Glad Sheepie didn't lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had been married for 2 years I lost my ring for an entire week. I had just resigned myself to the fact that Tyler had thrown it away because he was going through that phase of throwing everything in the trash. He was about 18 months at the time.

    One day while he was helping me get our laundry from the top loading washer into the dryer. His way of helping was to shut the dryer door as fast as he could after I had put in the clothes in and then burst out laughing. All of a sudden he got excited and said, "I find it! I find it!" I could not figure out what he was talking about until I looked more closely at where he was pointing.

    There sat my ring in the handle of the dryer. I grabbed the ring then grabbed the camera and then put the ring back in the handle and took a picture. Then I got a picture of Tyler in front of the dryer. And gave him many many hugs and thank yous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this makes my eyes cross just thinking about it. My daughter has recently discovered the emerald ring my late mom gave to me in high school .... and unfortunately I don't think I responded as sweetly as you seem to have. Thanks for the reminder that our monkeys don't mean to scare us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you learned your lesson--don't clean bathrooms. ;-) i would have had a small heart attack, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)