Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Friday, August 1, 2008

A Speedy Spaniard

After all the tri hullabaloo in our family, my fabulous sister-in-law Linda (Chris's wife) decided that she wanted to get in on some racing action herself. When she was younger, she cheered her father on in Spanish Fork's "Speedy Spaniard" 10K road race, and always wanted to follow in those footsteps, so to speak. In high school Linda ran track as a sprinter, so the 6.2 mile distance was a little daunting. I was looking for a way to step up my run, so I told her if she'd sign up, I'd do it with her.
So on July 24th, Linda & I officially became speedy Spaniards! It was a great race, and we both had great times-- both sub-hour, which was our goal.


In some ways, this race meant more to me than Salem. While I ran cross country in junior high, throughout high school I was plagued with knee problems and really learned to hate running. When I started running the beginning of this year, I could hardly run longer than 3 minutes on the treadmill without having to stop and rest. Running 6.2 miles seemed an absurd distance. But I guess it all just goes to show that if you have a dream, and put the work in, anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each of your comments!
Please be kind and respectful to one another-- I reserve the right to moderate & edit otherwise! :)